The Burnside Bibs are versatile overalls that can be dressed up or down. Shoulder straps transition to narrow ties with several options for tying.
- Intermediate level pattern
- This pattern is standard size 00 - 20
Show us your #burnsidebibs on Instagram
The Burnside Bibs have two front bib options - a scooped neck or the traditional straight front. Both bibs work with either version #1 or version #2.
- Version #1 is a more fitted back pant with back waist darts and an invisible side zipper opening with less gathering in the back.
- Version #2 is a loose back pant that slips on over your hips and does not have a closure to sew. This version is fuller and more gathered in the back. Use your hip measurement to determine your size for version #2.
- Both versions also feature a front waistband, curved front patch pockets, optional back pockets, and cross-back straps that transition to narrower ties that thread through back waist belt loops forming back waist gathers. They may be tied in many ways - at the back, front or sides. The wide leg can be made full length or cropped.
Fabrics, Sundries & Measurements
Fabrics: For a dressed up version choose light to mid-weight woven fabrics such as Tencel, linen, wool gabardine, or sandwashed silk.
- For a casual version choose denim, canvas, or cotton twill.
- 12" invisible zipper required for version #1
- Lightweight fusible interfacin
Sundries: 7-9"/18-23 cm invisible zipper (Version #1 only), thread, lightweight fusible interfacing (see Fabric Requirements for amounts)
Tools: Fabric scissors, iron & ironing board, straight pins, tailors chalk, hand sewing needle